I have been using this banana bread recipe for years. I am not sure where it came from (it is printed off, in my recipe binder), but it is quick and easy and my kids love it. Nuts are not something I usually add, because my oldest doesn’t like his banana bread to have “seeds”. It will also be school-safe without the nuts. If you only have two bananas you can substitute the third for 1/2 cup of applesauce.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 very ripe bananas
- Optional: 1/2 cup mix-ins like nuts, chocolate chips or mini M&Ms
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 5×9 inch loaf pan. Mash bananas and add all other ingredients; mix well. Pour into loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Let me know if you try this banana bread recipe, and what you think!